Within the scope of testing for the acceptance of running characteristics and certification of railway vehicles, tests and evaluations at the 10-axle rolling road of Greenbrier Europe were performed by aid of AMS software. The primary objective of the project was to obtain an operating license for the Austrian rail network of OEBB. The analysis of the dynamic driving behaviour of the freight wagons in straight lines and curves should show that all requirements to safety and performance for this special vehicle concept are met.
jBEAM supports the evaluation of the technical testing and approval of railway vehicles.
The entire data analysis was performed with jBEAM. Functional components have been developed for the special UIC features.
The data analysis is devided into three segments:
- Generating a section-list of the route
- Detecting offsets for the individual runs
- Analyzing data of the runs for each route
Generating the section-list
- Manual definition of curves with 2 cursors
- Automatic calculation of the curve radius
- Appending curve's start, end and radius to the curve list
- Extracting GPS data from 1 GB data file
- XY-chart with a map as scaled background image and GPS positions on top
- Correct distance calculation by converting GPS to metric UTM coordinates
- Automatic generation of UIC-conform section-list from curve list
- Automatic generation of section-list for reverse direction
- Export of section-list for manual changes
- Comparison with official route data
- Adding additional information
Analysis of measurement data
- Finish preparation by setting all parameters.
- Summary of all files per route and direction.
- Enter/load list of sensor distances to GPS for time correction.
- Parameters dialog of the auto-sequence for a complete UIC analysis
- Define the type of analysis for each sensor
- Calculations are defined in UIC-518
- Some sensors can be evaluated repeatedly
Click START button. View the process.
- Detecting section
- Calculate the position of the data in file
- Loading the data
- Automatic analysis
- The sections are indicated by markers on the map
- Generate one page of protocol per defined calculation with a single mouse click
- 40 pages are created in less than one second
With the described equipment, both the data acquisition as well as the analysis was finished in an unusual short period of time. Especially the newly developed UIC-components in the standard software jBEAM allow a fast and easy UIC518-conform analysis.
All project partners involved in this project were very satisfied with the speedy and comprehensive processing.